Membwells coated in different configurations have been used to mimic the organization of ECM around cells invivo.
- Membwells used to develop a minimal organ (liver) comprising of hepatocyte doublets cultured in artificial microniches to precisely control the spatial organization of cellular adhesion in three dimension.
- By coating the microwells in different patterns, it is possible to alter the organization of ECM around cells (hepatocytes) to compared the morphologies of the bile caniculi and the direction of their growth . Consequently, it was demonstrated that the lumen shape was controlled by the three dimensional organization of ECM around cells.
Microniches: Differential coating with ECM protein (Fibronectin) and antifouling treatment (Pluronic) on the top, sides, and bottom of the wells allows to create 3D biochemical cues for cell growth, junction arrangement and Bile canaliculi morphology.
- Differential Coating with virtually any ECM protein
- Classic and miniaturized drug testing.
- Morpho-functional cross studies.