Membwell consists of an array of 3D biomimetic micro-wells that can be customised with multiple combinations to control cellular microenvironment. In contrast to the conventional 2-D substrates, Membwell’s 3D substrate offers the ideal design to reproduce complex in-vivo like environments within the micro-wells that is of immense value in elucidating fundamental biological phenomena and associated pathways.
It offers a fully-customizable 3D microenvironment for cell-based assays that ranges from single cell to organoids/spheroids.
Membwell’s versatility, low-cost, standard cell-culture design, and compatibility, combined with high-resolution imaging capabilities are ideal for cell-based assays and phenotypic drug discovery (PDD) platforms.
3D view of a 60 µm Diameter micro-‐wells placed on a patterned surface. Pillars (5 μm height, 2 μm diameter) Coated With Fibronectin (red) to study cytoskeletal re-organization.
- Up to 10,000 wells/mm2.
- Low Refractive Index (enabled for x100 resolution)
- Customizable shapes & Sizes from Single Cell to Organoids.
- Standard cell culture dishes.
- Standard cell culture techniques.
- Control Biochemical and biophysical nature in the wells.
- Single-Cell Analysis
- Cell-Cell Interaction
- Stem Cell Biology
Membwell™ is currently available in three different micro-well dimensions to cover cell culture needs for Single cell, Doublets, and Organoids.
It comes in 2 possible formats to accommodate both your needs and budget constraints:
- Membwell PD – Standard 35mm petridish
- Membwell GC- Glass Cover Slip (22 mm X 22mm)
(a) Membwell-PD in a standard 35 mm petridish
(b) Membwell-GC in 22mm square glass coverslip
membwell GC up-close
Membwell – A versatile tool for Biologists
Membwell is designed as a tool of choice to precisely investigate the impact of mechanotransduction pathways through which cells feel the surrounding biophysical cues, such as extracellular mechanical properties, mechanical tension, shear flow and geometrical constraints.
2D Culture Platforms Key Disadvantages:
- Lack of tissue-specific architecture
- Mechanical and Biochemical cues
- Cell-Cell or Cell-ECM interaction
- Membwells are designed to navigate the barriers in transitioning from 2D to 3D cell culture methods, whereas current 3D platforms are limited in scope for very niche applications.
- Membwell’s versatility, ease of use and low cost make it the perfect generic consumable for all sorts of use and experiments in Cell Biology, Mechanobiology, Developmental Biology, Tissue Engineering etc.
- Surface: Glass Bottom, Cell-culture treated